Saturday, August 21, 2010

Don't worry, Be Happy, making a memory

'Don't worry, be happy' is a favourite song of mine
my little son sings it all the time
sometimes when I am feeling sad or down,
this song can turn everything around

I hope my son remembers in the years to come,
singing this uplifting song with me, his mum,
and in his life if and when things go wrong,
I hope that he will sing this song

When I was little, every once in a while
my mother would sing a song called 'smile'
There were some tough times when I was small
and this song helped her through it all

We sing our song almost every day
to keep the downbeat thoughts at bay
Some may think it  a little twee
but we are making a memory


Claire Hegarty© 

5 comments:

  1. Nice meeting you. I am now following your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Have looked and followed.

    ReplyDelete